Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tenney's Cinnamon Rolls


I got this recipe from one of my preschool moms. It is the first time I have been successful in making good cinnamon rolls! I have tried MANY DIFFERENT RECIPES. This one worked for me. I hope you enjoy it.

Tenney's Cinnamon Rolls
2 cups very warm water ( bordering on hot)
1/2 cup sugar
1 heaping TBLS. yeast or 1 small pkg.
Combine ingredients and make sure yeast is pushed down in the water. Set aside. You'll know it's ready when it starts to foam up and smell "yeast-y."
In a large mixer combine:
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. salt
Yeast mixture( I like to add 1 TBLSP. dough enhancer)
Then add:5-7 cups flour ( I use Better for Bread flour) one cup at a time.
Dough should pull away from edges of mixer bowl and it should be just a little sticky.cover and let rise 20-45 minutespunch down or turn mixer back on for a couple of seconds.Cover and ley rise 45 minutes.Use a buttered rolling pin to roll out dough( you can divide in half if that is eaiser for you) onto a buttered surface. Roll out into rectangle. The dough can be as thick or thin as you perfer.Slather the dough with butter, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to cover dough. Roll up trying to keep sides even. Cut rolls about 1-2 inches thick ( I use a piece of dental floss)or serrated knife. Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Place cinnamon rolls on large cookie sheet with edges.cover and let rise. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
FROSTING:
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon(optional)
4-6 cups powdered sugar
milk
I like the frosting a little thicker but you can determine how think or thin you want it to be by how much milk you add. mix ingredients with a mixer. Put frosting on warm rolls that have been out of the oven for 2-5

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home