Monday, January 19, 2009

French Apple Pie











My Easy French Apple Pie
8 apples I use 4 granny smith and 4 jonagolden or braeburn
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 - 1cup sugar depending how sweet you like it.
1/4 cup flour
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Peel and slice the apples place in a bowl, mix in the remaining ingredients.
Cook in the microwave for 8 minutes.
Roll out a Pillsbury pie crust in between 2 pieces of wax paper. This is my easy way!
Place in a pie pan crimp the edges, place apples that have been microwaved in the pie crust.
Now we are starting on the french apple crumb. I got this recipe from one of my roommates in college. Whenever she would make this we always we eat half of the crumbs before they got on the pie.
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
cinnamon & nutmeg to taste, mix this all together and add melted butter.
1/2 cup melted butter
Sprinkle over apples
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home