Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cheesy Potato Soup




*This is my FAVORITE soup!*
4 med potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
4 C. Water
1/4 C. Butter
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 C. Milk
2 C. shredded cheese
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 tsp. seasoning salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Combine potatoes, onions, and water in a large pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender. In another pan melt butter , add flour and cook until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat; stir in milk. Return to heat , cook and stir until thickened. Stir slowly into potatoes, add cheese and seasonings.
* I ALWAYS double the recipe ( for leftovers) plus this recipe really doesn't make much unless doubled.
* I always end up using more cheese and salt then called for.
* Also you can double the flour butter mixture to make you soup really thick ,which is how I like mine!
* Also really yummy with crumbled bacon on top.

-Lindsey

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

I am soooo glad you posted this! I was just telling Kylie this week that I needed to find a good potatoe soup recipe! I can't wait to try it. I think I will make it this weekend.

Love this blog!

November 6, 2008 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by real mom kitchen. Glad to hear you are enjoying the recipes. I'll bookmark your blog and check it out. This cheesy soup looks tasty.

November 11, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home